Windows 10 is a very efficient operating system. It is light and faster. Moreover, it comes with an outstanding virus protection system and supports a touch screen for hybrid devices. Yet, with these virus protection and touch system facilities many users complain about Windows 10 Keyboards.
Is Your Windows 10 Keyboard Not Working? The Ultimate Guide To Fix It.
Even though, Windows 10 is enabled to take care of minor errors of your computers, malware or hardware failures can also cause you troubles. There are many possible reasons your Windows 10 keyboard is stuck or has stopped working. Let’s discuss some of the solutions to fix your Windows 10 keyboard.
Are You Regularly Cleaning Your Keyboard?
It is one of the easiest ways to fix your keyboard. Many hardware problems cause Windows 10 keyboards to stop working. Yet, it is not a child’s play to clean your keyboard without damaging it. You must carefully remove the dirt and debris hidden between the keys. Before you start cleaning your keyboard make sure to;
1. Shut your computer down.
2. Turn your laptop upside-down and make sure to shake it gently. While you are shaking your laptop, don’t forget to run your fingers through keyboard keys to extricate all of the remaining dirt.
Update Your Drivers:
If your keyboard is not working in Windows 10 you can most probably fix it updating or reinstalling the driver. Most of the time older versions of your drivers don’t support some latest features. Hence, it is safe to say updating your Windows 10 driver can solve this problem. You can update your keyboard driver by following these simple steps;
1. Open Start menu and choose Device Manager.
2. Find the Keyboard section and select Standard PS/2 Keyboard. Right-click on update driver and search for your updated driver to install it.
You can also select Uninstall Device, after which you have to reboot and the driver will be installed automatically.
Check You Filter Keys
Filter Keys are used to ignoring brief and frequent keystrokes. Many users claim that by default this feature is turned on in their computer. Thus, a keyboard error can be expected. To turn your filter keys:
1. Open Control Panel and right-click on Ease of Access Center.
2. You will find an option; Make the Keyboard easier to use, Select it.
3. Scroll down to find the Filter Keys option.
4. Uncheck Turn on Filter Keys option.
You May Also Like: How To Tame A Horse In Minecraft?
Use Windows Trouble Shooter
Did you run windows troubleshooter? If all the above-mentioned steps didn’t work for you, try running windows troubleshooter. This built-in feature helps with solving many minor issues in your computer settings.
1. Right-click on Start menu and reach out to Settings option then select Update & Security.
2. Scroll down for the Troubleshoot page and look out for the Keyboard option.
3. Now, Run the Troubleshooter.
This will fix your problem and Windows 10 keyboard will start working.
By following these steps you will not face this problem again. However, if there is an undetected hardware problem, you can use a USB Keyboard as well.