When you are surfing on the internet
from one site to another, there is a thing that usually interrupts you while
surfing. Yes, I am talking about pop-up ads.
Those small windows that suddenly appear
on the screen are very much annoying. Sometimes these pop-ups mean to a plugin
or allow a driver to access the browser. However, mostly these pop-ups are from
advertising companies showing online ads of their services or products.
To avoid these irrelevant ads to pop-up
people use pop-up blockers. These ad blockers usually help a lot in avoiding
pop-ups. However, sometimes they block valuable information as well. That’s why
to turn off pop-up blocker people search on google about how to turn off pop up blocker.
This article will surely help those people in avoiding pop-up problems in different browsers.
Turn Off Pop Up Blocker On Chrome
Chrome usually notifies its users
whenever it blocks a pop-up ad. Moreover, it sometimes asks its users if they
want to block it or not.
If you are using chrome browser here is how you can block pop-ups:
- Click on the Customize and control button (Vertical three dots) at the top right corner of the browser.
- From that dropdown menu, click on Settings (third last option).
- Click on the Site Settings button, in the Privacy and Security section.
- Click on Pop-ups and redirect (10th option).
- Switch off the Blocked (recommended) option to disable the pop-up blocker.
- If you want to allow/block pop-ups/ads on some of your desired websites then Switch on the Blocked (recommended) option, click on Add button and enter URLs of those websites.
Turn Off Pop Up Blocker On Firefox
- Click on the Open menu button (Horizontal three bars)
at the top right corner of the browser.
- From that
dropdown menu, click on Options (should
be on 11th number).
- Click on the Privacy and Security tab (vertical
menus on the left side).
- Uncheck Block pop-up windows under the Permissions
section to disable the pop-up blocker.
- If you want to
allow/block pop-ups/ads on some of your desired websites then click on the exception
button on the right and enter URLs of those websites.
In Firefox, with the help of Firefox built-in pop-up blocker, you can also reduce the number of pop-ups ads. And for smartphone users, they can use the Firefox app called Focus to browse ad-free.
Turn Off Pop-Up Blocker On Internet Explorer
There are still some people who use
Internet Explorer, and for them here is the answer on how to turn off the pop-up blocker.
- Click on the Tools button (gear icon) at the top
right corner of the browser.
- From that
dropdown menu, click on Internet options (should be on 2nd
- A new window will
open with some menus on the top.
- Go to the Privacy tab and uncheck Turn on
Pop-up Blocker under the Pop-up Blocker section.
- If you want to
allow/block pop-ups/ads on some of your desired websites then click on the Settings button on the right and enter
URLs of those websites.
If you are still getting pop-ups after disabling
them then your computer or phone might be affected by Viruses/malware.